Requiring local administrator credentials to locate the DentalWriter softwareSummary
An error message is displayed when opening DentalWriter from a Workstation that references: “DentalWriter Could not locate the following folders:”
With a list of the different data directories for each folder.
This message usually means that workstation attempting to access the data network shares requires local-admin credentials to be entered and IMPORTANT Selected to Remember once entered. Or that the permissions or data folders have been modified on the Server.
You will be required to know and enter administrator username password setup by person whom manages network or setup. Normally your local-IT represented. Once those credentials are obtained from the workstation receiving this message:
- Select no, close DentalWriter from Desktop.
- Click and select to open (Yellow) explore folder in bottom of your system tray.
- In the (Left Window) expand Network if not already Expanded.
- Select your DentalWriter™ Server name: The server name will be displayed in message received (Example: \\Your Server Name\ NiermanData\DentalWriterNet)
- Double-Click and open NiermanData share folder.
- You will be presented with a Windows Login Message. This is where you will enter Administrator credentials and select Remember.
- Select OK and close.
- Double-click and re-open DentalWriter, message will no longer be displayed. If message is still present, please have your Local-IT representative call DentalWriter Tech support team for further instruction.